Sunday, February 20, 2011
Snap! (Part I)
"Snap!"
"Fuck," I thought as I curled up on the moist morning grass at Tanglin Pitch. I was barely five minutes into Arrows FC first game of the Sunday League tournament when my right ankle got caught in the turf as I attempted a sliding tackle.
The team had discussed enthusiastically about the tournament the whole week. Like how we intended to add another silverware having captured the previous Fairfield Methodist Past vs Present Tournament title. Like how we are finally playing like a team and going to show the rest what we are capable of.
I was psyched up by the whole pre-tournament talk. On hindsight, I didn't have to go into a sliding tackle that early in the game. My tournament was over in five minutes.
I grimaced in pain as both set of players started crowding around me. The pain was bad but not different from the multiple sprains I had suffered previously. "Gonna be out for another two, three weeks again," I thought to myself as I was carried off the pitch.
It was to be a day later before I went to the Chinese sinseh. The sinseh lifted my swollen ankle on to his thigh as I bit my lips at every little movement of my wrecked ankle. I remember watching the sinseh bring the ginger near my leg and preparing myself for the agony I was about to be served.
"Argh!!" I let out. The pain is impossible. The ginger had barely been pressed on my ankle and there was no way I could go on with the rub. I can't write more in details because words can't describe that pain. I was in anguish and more.
"This is not a normal sprain, young man. You'd better go to the hospital for an x-ray," the sinseh said as he highlighted the seriousness of my injury to me.
It started to worry me a little now this injury for I have never been to a Chinese sinseh and not let the sinseh finish his treatment, let alone to stop him from starting it. I thought to myself, "deep shit."
Labels: 1979
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]